A trusted east Knoxville community center, the YWCA Phyllis Wheatley Center (PWC) is home to programs involving education, health, and the community.
- Comprehensive education and youth programming includes: After-School Enrichment Program, Summer Kids in Play, and Y-Teens.
- Active health & fitness programs include Diversity Runs, a walking/running club, as well as a Club W workout facility.
- The PWC also provides community outreach and services through: the Senior Network, a community garden, community events, and facility rentals.
Through the contributions of dedicated volunteers and community collaborations, the PWC transforms the lives of young people and brings the community together in a warm, safe, and supportive environment.
We encourage you to get involved with the PWC. The PWC is seeking ongoing and one-time volunteers to serve in the following capacities:
- After-School Enrichment: Tutors in middle-school math, reading, and science and mentors role modeling healthy behaviors
- Y-Teens: Group facilitators, workshop leaders, mentors
- Senior Network: Meal preparation and donation, group facilitators for crafts, exercise, games, music lessons, etc.
Volunteer applications can be found on the YWCA Knoxville Volunteer Page.